How-To: Invite Facebook Friends to “Like” Your Business Facebook Page
Our first piece of advice on that topic is to restrain from sharing too much about your business on your personal Facebook page. Instead, offer teaser information and let friends know that if they want more — tips, photos, discount codes, deals or information — that they need to “like” your business Facebook page.
Make it easy for your friends. Follow these step-by-step procedures to invite your Facebook friends to “like” your business Facebook page:
1. Log into Facebook as yourself.
2. In the search box at the very top of the page, type in the name of your company page, and click to go to the page.
3. Toward the top of the page, beneath the blue banners, you’ll see the following buttons.
4. To invite Facebook friends, click on that option, search friends and check off all applicable ones, then choose “Submit.”
5. To share your business page on your personal page, choose that option and type in a brief status message explaining your business, what kinds of information you share on your page, and asking friends to (a) please “like” the page and (b) share the page with friends who may also be interested. You can do this step every few months.
Remember to post frequently and share engaging, useful content that’s not entirely self-promotional. To be sure your posts continue to be seen by those who have liked your page, have them check their settings as explained in this article.
Keep in mind that social media is best used for brand building efforts. By using Facebook strategically, your business stays top of mind for when the need or want arises.
Was this post helpful? Please share your questions in the comments.